The PRISM Quartet is proud to be involved as guest faculty members for the summer program at the Interlochen Saxophone Institute. Directed by Dr. Timothy McAllister, the Interlochen Saxophone Institute provides an opportunity for advanced high school saxophonists to spend a week of intensive study with a distinguished faculty of performers and teachers. Students will participate in daily master classes and seminars focusing on technique, solo repertoire, quartet literature, audition preparation, history and contemporary techniques.
The Summer Camp will include:
- Daily master classes that will focus on artistry, technical skills, conditioning, and musicianship
- Warm-up and practice strategies workshops
- Contemporary/Extended Techniques
- Saxophone Quartets and Large Saxophone Ensemble
- Solo Literature Masterclasses
- Clinics for all four saxophones* (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)—applicants on all four major types encouraged
- Clinics on college preparation, competitions, and professional development
- Student and faculty performances
*Saxophones other than alto will be available for check-out during the Institute. Reeds will not be provided, however.
Find out more information at this link.