PRISM’s Hit Parade
The PRISM Quartet’s most popular program, Hit Parade, features a cross-section of traditional and contemporary music. New works reflect the enormous range of cultural and aesthetic influences on today’s composers. Praised by The Philadelphia Inquirer for its ability to “move effortlessly between styles,” PRISM presents works alternately rooted in modernism, post-minimalism, microtonality and jazz/funk. The program also includes two stunningly beautiful sets of adaptations: Schumann Bouquet, selections from Robert Schumann’s Album for the Young, arranged for the PRISM Quartet by the Pulitzer Prize-winning composer William Bolcom; and selected movements from Italian composer Salvatore Sciarrino’s Pagine (Pages), a book of adaptations of works by J. S. Bach, Domenico Scarlatti, George Gershwin, Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa, and more.
Nick DiBerardino, Media Relations and Booking Manager
PRISM Quartet, Inc.
nick at prismquartet dot com
- Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (1564–1619) Madrigal: Itene miei sospir
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685–1750) Fughetta (super Diess sind die heil’gen zehn Gebot)
- George Gershwin (1898–1937) Who cares?
- Domenico Scarlatti Sonata L. 215
- I. Lieber Mai (The beautiful month of May)
- II. Knecht Ruprecht (The bogeyman)
- III. Sheherazade
- IV. Ländler (a sort of German waltz)
- V. Sehr langsam (Very slow)
- VI. Lied italienischer Marinari (Song of the Italian boatmen)